Liga MX Tango - Development Pages
This sample demonstrates and tests all of the critical technical challenges of a massively scaleable, multi-platform video database including:
- Nearly 1 million automatically generated and queryable thumbnails
- Playback under iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Playback under Silverlight (All non-iOS platforms)
- Streaming from Microsoft Azure allowing massive instantaneous scaling
- Automatic generation of clip lists using Match Analysis data queries
- Trick play including slow motion, rewind, and fast seeking
- Smooth streaming (automatic quality adjustment to manage for poor and variable internet connections)
- Back-end platform to support video compression to multi-bitrates
- Dynamic packaging (using the same compressed video to support multiple platforms)
- Over 250 hours of video
The development of this functionality required the complete rebuild of Match Analysis's video clipping technology on two separate platforms, close development work with Microsoft's Azure Media team, and the revision of our data compression work flow.
Adding additional video queries covering any aspect of Liga MX is now extremely fast and simple.